Canner Law & Associates, P.C. Has Been Designated A Stewart Trusted Service Provider And A Secure Settlement Registered Agent
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
On October 3, 2015, the Consumer Finance Protection Board (“CFPB”) required all lenders to replace existing GFE, TILA and REPSA disclosure forms with two new integrated closing disclosures. The new disclosures are a combination of the existing Good Faith Estimate (GFE), Truth-in-Lending (TIL) disclosure and the HUD-1 Settlement Statement. The requirement places detailed compliance requirements on the closing attorney/ Settlement agent.
We are proud to note that Canner Law & Associates, P.C. has been designated a “Stewart Trusted Provider ” and a " Secure Settlement " registered agent.
In order to qualify as a Stewart Trusted Provider, an agency or attorney agent must go through one of the most vigorous vetting processes in the industry, including:
Pass an intensive initial due-diligence screening
- Third-party internal audit by Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Background and Credit Checks
- Extensive Review of Applicant’s Experience, Business Model and Policy Loss History
- Licensing Verification
Conduct business according to stringent Independent Agency Standards
- Maintain honesty and integrity above all else
- Stay firmly customer focused
- Employ dedicated and well-trained associates
- Maintain a business model that supports long-term success
- Use Stewart as a preferred business partner
- Maintain an acceptable policy loss ratio
- Comply with all federal, state, and local rules and regulations
- Reconcile all escrow/trust accounts in a timely manner
- Ensure efficient and secure real estate settlements
- Deliver title policies to customers and report policies and remit payments to Stewart in a timely and compliant manner
- Comply with all terms of the Stewart Underwriting Agreement and adhere to all Stewart Underwriting Bulletins
- Address consumer complaints in a timely manner
*Stewart Trusted Provider Standards 7-12 align with American Land Title Association® (ALTA® ) Best Practices.
Undergo strict ongoing monitoring
- Deloitte & Touche LLP internal audits based upon risk model scoring
- Quarterly visits and detailed operational checklist by Stewart Agency Services representative (20 points covered)
- Random background and credit checks
- Policy inventory audits
- Comprehensive ongoing operational review of agency network by Stewart senior management
- Extensive training program for loss mitigation and loss avoidance
- CFPB compliance training with attendance certification
- Licensing verification
In addition, Canner Law & Associates, P.C. exceeds these requirements in our efforts to provide even higher quality service and protection by utilizing Stewart’s escrow account reconciliation services, securing an Escrow Security Bond. Lenders and consumers can depend on the attorney agents exhibiting the Stewart Trusted Provider seal to provide them with a quality experience throughout the real estate transaction process consistent with the coverage provided in Stewart’s Closing Protection Letters and Policies of Title Insurance as issued.
Canner Law & Associates has been vetted by Secure Settlements, which requires a closing attorney to provide confidential information including personal and business information, professional licenses, trust accounts, professional liability/E&O insurance, fidelity bond insurance, three lender references, and history of any civil lawsuits or criminal convictions. We are proud to note that after the vetting process, we have been designated a Secure Settlements Registered Agent.